Friday, August 22, 2014

Patch work?


With school just around the corner, I was working on some “Back to School” designs. I had lunch bags and water bottle bags in mind, but since I didn’t want to have only plain looking items, I decided to go with patch work. I laid out a bunch of scrap fabrics, but I’m having a hard time deciding which ones to use. What’s more, whenever I start any sort of patch work, I make the place so messy. The friend that I work with doesn’t appreciate it very much… If anyone found out how the place looks when I’m working, I’m sure they wouldn’t be able to hide their shock~ XD.


After matching fabrics into blue color sets for boys, I couldn’t think of any color sets for girls. So instead, I had my daughter Veronica pick the fabrics. Ever since she was young, she would play around with fabrics. She is better than me at choosing color schemes and has the better sense. To her, it seems choosing fabrics is a simple task… 


With my daughters help, we finished one using Sarah Jane fabric. How do you like the fabric combination? Good in its own way right? Thankfully, her help made my work much easier~~~
 
I was thinking that waterproof or insulated fabric would work well with this design. Insulated fabric may be thick and hard to sew, but once it’s finished, it definitely works wonders. However, if we don’t insulated fabric, waterproof ones would work just as well. 

These are the two water bottle sets that I made with my daughter!

 

6 comments:

Elena said...

Very cute! I love how you designed the pieces together! Great job! :)

Fatima said...

How cool you started blogging again! I love your children clothes patterns! When are you launching the next one :-) ??

Sandra :) said...

Popped over from the newsletter, and am now following your blog :)

The bags are lovely - particularly the girl one! I'm terrible at combining fabrics/prints - when needed, I borrow my sewy friend up the street - she has "the eye" that I don't have :)

Anonymous said...

Great you are back - like the bags. Hilary

redshedphotography said...

Very sweet :)

ithinksew said...

Conversas de Hermanas we are getting ready for the next pattern. Although the we are not sure when it will come out. Thanks for your lovely comment about my pattern!