Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Flip flops after summer?


Even though the summer had already passed, I started a flip flop design because my daughter thought of a good design for it :). I only guided her of what we should do and not to do.  After starting the project a headache plagued me as I did not have an idea on what to do with the pattern. I first thought that is should have elastics for the strap, but then the nature of flip flops wouldn't be so in line with elastics as it may irritate the skin.... In the end I couldn't decide!

Also I was thinking of a way to keep the show on the babies' feet without losing the "flip flop" feel. And that wasn't the end of it! I had far too many questions going around in my head while making it. Like how can I make it so that the show stays on nicely without irritating the skin too much? Would this shoe hurt when babies use them? In the end I ended up making a bunch of ruined sandals ;_;



No comments: