Monday, January 29, 2018

Leather Buckle Strap Bag! It's Buckless!

I have been busy looking for easy-access materials that sewers can get their hands for that final touch to make it extra special. As an experiment, I started adding rivets and a leather strap inside a buckle to the flaps. Yet each time I make the buckled leather strap I feel like there could be a more efficient and easier way to complete my goal. Especially since buckles can be a difficult material for some sewers. As such, this time I included a buckless alternative pattern! The Bethany Bag does not distinguish between any age, gender, or cultural boundaries and is the perfect gift for literally everyone!

I am often inspired by the fabrics that I purchase to create and design a new bag. One of my most recent purchases definitely had this effect on me. I encountered this really modern beautiful fabric and I just had to make a matching bag for it. The backpack that I came up with was the Shelly Backpack, a stylish and roomy bag! Although the pattern could be purposed as a Boston bag, I felt that the backpack had the most practical application. The beautiful lines on the edges of the bag really provide a unique look and feel, I highly urge people to take a look at all the beautiful pictures!

1348 Austin Sling Bag PDF Pattern
349 Shelly Backpack PDF Pattern
1350 Bethany PDF Pattern

No comments: